Monday, January 4, 2010

People, person

Hello fellow blogger's, fellow Korean blogger's, and fellow what-ever blogger's.

I have been hearing a lot of persons for more than one person. Maybe I should point it out; persons is for one person, people is for two or more people!!
Okay, now that I've gotten that out of the way I may continue.
I have no idea how people started to say person(S) for more than one person.
What is the saddest of all is that any where I go I always here "persons" and ohhhh, dose that get under my skin! I just always have the need to correct peoples grammar; and I have no idea why.
I have that disturbing need to go up to anyone who says persons in a radius that I can here them and correct them, believe it or not I've been almost kicked out for it too.
I was for telling a person in a book store that, yes was older than me that "persons is not a word, but person is, person is for one person, people is for two or more people."
I'm not trying to be rude when I tell people that persons is not a word, I just can't stand to listen to it. It's not like a just barge up to the person and go "you idiot persons is not a word!"
I always keep my manors; but people still get mad.
Maybe just, maybe American Idiot the song by green day was not so far off?
possibly the British will never be surpassed by the "leading nation" Idiot America.
Well, may it be so? America I think not!! for as long as people like me are obsessed with peoples grammar; there will never be that stupid of an America! for supper roaches and I (including every one else who dose the same thing) will be the grammar heroes!!

7 Twas the number of comments:

Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lauren said...

Um...Excuse me....I didn't realize that this was an anti-American post. I wish I hadn't have read it.

Seriously, Nadia! Not ALL Americans say "peoples" or whatever word you were dissing. I'm a grammar snob, but I know that I need to keep it to myself. Yes, it annoys the snot out of me, but it's better than getting the snot BEAT out of me. Correcting people's grammar is rude, uncalled for, and does not make people look smart. It's only alright to correct somebody's grammar when you are a grammar teacher, or critiquing some person speech skills in a professional setting. If a person does it at any other time it's completely rude and they deserve to get their rudeness served back to them. Who says that English people don’t use the word “peoples”?

Besides being a grammar snob, I'm also a spelling and punctuation snob. And I seem to have the power to keep my somewhat rude comments to myself

¿나디아? said...

well, it is my blog I have the freedom to post what ever I please..
Just as you as well have the freedom to post what ever you please. (8.8)

¿나디아? said...

And this isn't an anti-American post!
Hello I was born in Louisiana, why would I be"dissin'" my self?
All I'm stating is that America is going to the dogs and that we seriously need to get back up again.

Why did you delete so many of your comments?

¿나디아? said...
This comment has been removed by the author.