Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Life is an adventure!

So treat it like one! I was reading farfella's blog post "Champions" And I felt like blogging afterward. So, thanks Farfella! While reading her post, I came across a few quotes I liked a LOT.  Top one that almost made me cry is:
When I was a young man, I wanted to change the world.  I found it was difficult to change the world, so I tried to change my nation.  When I found I couldn't change the nation, I began to focus on my town.  I couldn't change the town and as an older man, I tried to change my family.  Now, as an old man, I realize the only thing I can change is myself, and suddenly I realize that if long ago I had changed myself, I could have made an impact on my family.  My family and I could have made an impact on our town.  Their impact could have changed the nation and I could indeed have changed the world.
-Author Unknown
  The other one is :
Now the real adventure starts
A challenge that will truly test the best that's in your heart
Find the courage within
And then begin
To make the world right again,
To make the world right.

-"To Make The World Right Again" from the musical Narnia.

So the first one almost, ALMOST, made me cry; but that is because my life goal has always been to change the world, even if it's the smallest thing.  I can't explain why, maybe I just watched too much PokÉmon and Samurai Jack as a little kid. But that's why I want to become a physicist/mathematician/chemist. Because I want to come up with some crazy idea that just might work. I want to better mankind. 

Now, having covered the first quote; let's move on to the second one! The second reminded me of why I'm so childish, and why I imagine everyday as an adventure for me (the hero) to conquer. Because life IS an adventure! (at least to me.) I before reading farfella's post was feeling kind of down in the dumps, Forever alone, ya' know the feeling? But after reading it and thinking, I got thinking about the bigger thinks, the smaller things, and the things that always dry my tears. I haven't forgotten about being forever alone I just remembered that someday, someday if far away or near in sight, I won't be forever alone. And until then I have my ideas, the outdoors, my art, and my friends to keep me company. So how could I possibly be alone? I also do think that this feeling arose from a so called "mood-swing" so I feel that it should pass. ( that stuff happens when your my age.) But, back to the point. All this gave me a quick remainder of why my life is an adventure and I am the hero. (yes, maybe a little narcissistic.) I hope who ever reads this can feel the same, Cuz damn it feels good! 

I feel as if I have gotten a little more personal with my blog; I guess thats a good thing.

0 Twas the number of comments: